About 30 years ago, a genius inventor came up with the idea of developing a silicone product that could be inserted into almost any shape to mold an internal or external impression. The dimensional or visual control is then carried out not on the part itself, but on the impression obtained, which has a precision of the order of a micron. This is how Plastiform's products were born in France, which allow the inspection of elements that are difficult or even impossible to access without having to dismantle or even destroy them. Plastiform products are now available from Sylvac, who is the exclusive distributor in many countries. They are the perfect complement to our optical measuring machines SCAN and VISIO, which can be used to check either complete Plastiform impressions or flat sections. Contact us for more information.
In training at Sylvac and already brand ambassadors
Tania 18 years old, Luca 18 years old and Daphne 15 years old have chosen to start their professional life at Sylvac.
They learn the job of commercial employee, he learns that of mediamatician. They welcome visitors, guide them on the phone or on site, and are also in contact with suppliers and customers for various questions. He does video editing, participates in the creation of visuals for the website or user manuals.
Tania is the most experienced since she has been with Sylvac for 4 years and is in her last year of apprenticeship: "I am still 1 day a week at school and the rest of the time at the company. What I like here is that we have access to all departments and that we are supported and very well supervised. I'm in contact with a lot of people, I love it when things are moving all the time.
Concerning Daphne, she has just arrived in the purchasing sector and is gradually gaining confidence. "It's intimidating to come to a big company, but I'm lucky: everyone is nice to me. If my trainer is busy there is often someone to help me or answer my questions and it reassures me that Tania is still here for the moment. »
Luca always liked the technique and was already doing video editing when he was younger. His training lasts 4 years and this is his second year at Sylvac. He got to know the company and its instruments by working on documentation. "At school or for my friends I had to explain what digital measuring instruments were. They had no idea that I could work in an industry that was so full of production and innovation. »
For Tania, Luca and Daphne, it's a big change to go from school to the industrial world. "Everything is new and different; we are no longer only with people our own age. But the spirit of solidarity that reigns here has really facilitated our integration."
Discover our brand new lever indicator with integrated Bluetooth® technology, unique on the market.
Your advantages :
• Integrated Bluetooth® technology = unique on the market
• New internal mechanics, without gears, eliminating hysteresis error (more information below)
• IP54 protection - perfectly suited for workshop use
• 3 models with 2 measuring contact point length 12.5 or 36.5mm and one model with interchangeable contact point
• Favourite button with selectable function
• Display can be rotated through 270° without resetting required
• 3 possibilities of fixation by dove tail
• Intuitive interface with 3 buttons
• Sending data by favorite button, BT foot pedal or by request via computer
• Analog display
New internal mechanics to eliminate the hysteresis error
The new internal construction, without gears, ensures direct transmission (1) of the force from the contact point (2) to the moving scale (3) which moves over the sensor (4). The hysteresis error caused by the gears is therefore eliminated.
Find all technical specifications in our dedicated flyer.
Our new height gauge Hi_Cal V2 Smart is now available and with the famous Sylvac Bluetooth® technology.
Your benefits at a glance:
• Integrated Bluetooth® technology (without dongle)
• Quick and easy to use - just switch on the Hi_Cal and measure!
• Lightweight (4/4.7/6.8kg) and easily transportable for workshop use directly next to the machine.
• Automatic pre-positioning of the measuring probe, programmable if used in combination with Sylcom PRO.
• New and larger display, more ergonomic.
• Dynamic control of the probe movement speed depending on how the button is pressed.
• No influence of the operator on the measurements made.
• Disk shaped probe 7.7mm for measurement of internal groove now included in the standard delivery.
• Multiple functions, instrument programmable via computer. Increased reliability thanks to a new design of the guiding main carriage, new motorisation of the main carriage and a significant reduction of the mechanical components.
The V2 version replaces the V1 version and is available in 150, 300 and 450mm range.
In the 1990's, Daniel Liechti, at that time Director of Sylvac, opened the company to the international market, at a time when the fax machine did not yet exist.
Daniel Liechti didn't see the time go by. Neither while he was at the head of the company between 1985 and 2009, nor since he handed over to the current team. When he looks back on his early days (especially in international sales), however, he does see how far he's come.
"When my father-in-law Hans Meyer offered me a position at the head of Sylvac, the economic situation was morose, it was a context of a way out of the watchmaking crisis in Switzerland and it was difficult to do business. »
At that time, Sylvac was already selling 9 out of 10 products abroad... it is clear that the future of the company depends on the development of the international market. It is therefore at the dawn of globalization and the beginnings of electronics that Daniel Liechti, Dr. es Sciences Economiques takes up the challenge, with his experience in the industrial field and economic development.
"We cannot imagine organizing a trip and customer meetings on the other side of the planet without email or internet. But in 1985, faxes didn't yet exist and long-distance telephone conversations cost fortunes." Business travel has a taste of adventure for Daniel Liechti who gradually creates trusting relationships and solid partnerships with distribution companies. He wins sales even against competitors much larger than Sylvac. "It takes a soul, passion and I was a good salesman. That helped me a lot," says Daniel Liechti today.
The former director, who kept a watchful eye on the finances, looks with pride on the family business as it continues on the path (which he himself has aimed for throughout his career). Together with his brother-in-law Hans-Ulrich Meyer in development and his brother-in-law's cousin Urs Schnyder in mechanical engineering, Daniel Liechti looks back on the Sylvac years as a time when the company was truly open to the world. Both Sylvac instruments and the company logo are now recognized far and wide for their performance.
Daniel Liechti in 1995